|Job Alert: Senior lecturer in apiculture - with focus on bee health, SLU|
A position as a senior lecturer in apiculture is available within the Faculty of Natural Resources and Agricultural Sciences at the Department of Ecology, SLU, placed in Uppsala. The Department is situated in the attractive Ecology centre where we perform internationally acclaimed research, environmental monitoring and assessment and education for a sustainable use of natural resources based on an ecological understanding. The knowledge produced at the Ecology centre is used in agriculture, forestry and conservation management. Changes in climate and land use increase our need for ecological knowledge. At the Department of Ecology we have the ambition to be in the forefront of research within applied ecology. This requires also basic ecological research.
The area includes honey bees and their interactions with other organisms. Of special interest is how infectious diseases, parasites and symbiotic bacteria affect bee health and how knowledge about this can be transferred in to practical bee keeping.
Qualifications for the post of senior lecturer with extension duties
- PhD or equivalent scientific expertise, or possession of other professional skills of relevance to the subject content of the post and the duties this post entails
- University teaching qualification or equivalent skills acquired in some other way
- Demonstrated pedagogical skills
- Demonstrated extension skills
- Demonstrated high level of ability in written and oral communication in Swedish and English
Equal care will be devoted to consideration of extension and pedagogical skills on the one hand, and scientific expertise on the other.
More information on te position and application process available here: http://www.slu.se/sv/om-slu/fristaende-sidor/aktuellt/lediga-tjanster/las-mer/?eng=1&Pid=1708
|all news »|
« Back Print view